These are some of the technical strengths of this team:
- Artificial Intelligence. Adaptive and Evolutionary Computation, Network Architectures, Connectionist and Temporal Encoded Neural Networks, Models of Cognitive Categorization, Theories of Uncertainty and Belief, Parallel computation.
- Complexity Theory: Evolutionary and Adaptive Computation and Optimization, Genetic algorithms, Evolutionary Programming, Co-Evolutionary Algorithms, Swarms, Artificial Immune Systems, Non-Linear Dynamics, Artificial life, Cellular automata, Prisoner's Dilemma, Evolutionary Game Theory, Autonomous Agents Architectures, L-Systems, Self-organization, Boolean Networks, Self-reproduction, etc.
- Computational Biology. Microarray Data Analysis, Gene Network Models, Comparison of Gene Circuits, Protein Function Inference, Integration and Discovery of Biological Knowledge from Document COllections, Algorithmic Implications of Biological Problems such as DNA sequencing, Data-mining in biological databases.
- Mathematics: Network Theory, Graph theory, Random Graphs, Random walks, Spectral Methods, Singular Value Decomposition, Principal Components Analysis, Out of Equilibrium Dynamics, Statistical Physics, Probability and Statistics, Belief Theories, Measures of Information and Uncertainty, Formal Grammars, Formal Logics (Boolean Logic, Predicate Calculus, Modal Logics, Fuzzy Logic), Markov Processes, Combinatorics.
- Modeling and Simulation: Discrete-Event Simulation, Agent-Based Models, Discrete Dynamical Systems, Control Theory.